Skipping breakfast `before workouts can make you fitter`
London: Breakfast is often said to be
the most important meal of the day. But, a new study says that
skipping it before exercise can make you fitter and stronger.
Many athletes believe that they should have a high-
carbohydrate meal to provide energy for a morning?s training.
But the latest study appears to show the opposite is true.
Researchers in New Zealand have found that by not
eating, the body is put under stress quicker -- and the longer
it can endure the stress the more beneficial the exercise, the
`Daily Express` reported.
For the study, the researchers conducted two tests
in which two groups of cyclists were sent on 75-minute early
morning bike rides for four weeks.
One group had a high-carbohydrate breakfast, while the
other did without. The riders who set out on an empty stomach
performed the better, the findings revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state