Spread awareness on health schemes: Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Saturday that the authorities should spread awareness about government health schemes and asked poor people to take advantage of such medical programmes.
"Now people run to hospitals even for small injuries. However, the main problem is that not everyone is following the trend. There is a large section of society who thinks that hospitals are not affordable because they are not aware of schemes for the poor," Dikshit said at the inauguration of a private hospital in west Delhi.
The chief minister asked Delhi Health Minister A.K Walia to start a new awareness campaign on spreading the message for such public health initiatives.
"There is a scheme called Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojna (RSBY) for people falling below poverty line it is just that people need to know about the schemes," Dikshit added.
The centrally-sponsored RSBY provides health insurance coverage for Below Poverty Line (BPL)families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!