Sun Pharma gets USFDA nod for nasal spray
New Delhi: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries today said it has received approval from the US health regulator to sell its generic version of Astelin, used in treating nasal allergies, in the American market.
The company has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its generic Azelastine HCL nasal spray, which is therapeutically equivalent
to Medpointe Pharm HLC`s Astelin nasal spray, Sun Pharma said in a statement.
Sun Pharma has received approval for its product in the strength of 0.1 per cent (137 mcg/spray), it added.
According to the company estimates, Azelastine HCL nasal spray has annual sales of around USD 144 million in the US.
The drug is indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis such as rhinorrhea, sneezing and nasal pruritus.
It is also used for treating symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis, such as rhinorrhea, nasal congestion and postnasal drip in adults.
Shares of Sun Pharma were trading at Rs 565.10 on the BSE in afternoon trade, down 1.09 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today