Carrot can cure several ailments
Islamabad: Carrot can offer prevention against different ailments, say health experts.
The vegetable-cum-fruit contains rich vitamin and mineral contents, besides other valuable nutrients.
Considering the effectiveness of carrot, doctors and health experts have declared it "apple" for the people having meager resources, the News reported.
Dr. Mian Iftikhar, a Medical Specialist, said that carrot especially its juice, is better for stomach and gastrointestinal health, which also solves a variety of digestive problems.
He said carrot is useful in different cases like stomach disorder, peptic ulcers, gastritis, crohn’s disease (chronic inflammatory disease affecting the whole of the alimentary tract), diarrhoea, celiac disease (defective digestion found in children).
Carrot juice, combined with spinach and a little lemon juice, is very effective in the treatment of constipation, he added.
The juice cleanses the bowels, he said and added that this effect could not be expected soon after taking the juice but within two months, the bowel starts emptying regularly.
Family Physician Dr. Syed Hasnain Ali Johar, added that appropriate use of carrot is helpful in fighting obesity, poisoning of the blood, gum disease, insomnia, inflamed kidney, liver, gallbladder, Alzheimer’s disease, colitis, ulcer and painful urination.
He said it is an excellent source of pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6, adding that carrot is also rich with biotin, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, organic sodium and some trace minerals.
The doctor said carrot could enhance the quality of mother’s milk, improving the appearance of skin, hair and nails.
He noted the carrot soup has been found as an effective natural remedy for diarrhoea, which supplies fluid to combat dehydration, replenishes sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur and magnesium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy