Ginger for constipation: Five quick serving ideas!
Considered as one of the healthiest spices on the planet, ginger is an effective natural remedy for constipation.
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Constipation is extremely common and everyone has it at one time or another, but it's pretty embarrassing to talk about it right!
Constipation is a condition where you have difficulty having bowel movements – your stool become dry and hard making it hard to pass.
While you often have trouble emptying your bowel, the good thing is that the cure for constipation may be as close as your kitchen.
Considered as one of the healthiest spices on the planet, ginger is an effective natural remedy for constipation. Ginger contains natural laxative properties that helps to promote bowel movement and thus cure constipation.
Here are five ways to use this aromatic spice for constipation and other health disorders:
- Simply add some crushed fresh ginger root and lemon juice to a glass of boiling water. Drink it twice or thrice a day for effective results.
- You can also combine freshly grated ginger with lemon juice, cane juice or honey.
- Add freshly minced ginger to your sauteed vegetables to spice up a bit.
- Take a fresh piece of ginger root. Cut it into pieces and chew it slowly to boost your digestion and thereby to get rid of constipation.
- And of course, a warm cup of ginger herbal tea will help you improve your bowel movements, helping you in preventing constipation.
In addition to that, ginger contains a substance called gingerol - possesses numerous therapeutic properties including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor effects. Ginger can help treat nausea, flu, cold, Osteoarthritis, heart health, cancer.