Don`t let the sun steal your fun!
Zee Media Bureau/R. Nandini
For many of us summers is a synonym for fun and unlimited outings. But is the thought of getting tanned and several other unwanted skin troubles keeping you in?
Here are a few things you must take care of before stepping out in the sun to keep your flawless, glowing skin intact.
Face: Too much sun exposure can result in rashes, severe tanning and in the most adverse cases, even skin cancer. So, it's a must that you invest in a nice sunscreen with SPF 40 or more. Apply it generously to the exposed areas of the skin about 30 minutes before you venture into the sun.
Re-apply it every 2 hours if you have to be in the sun throughout the day. For the lips use a lip-balm with SPF 30 or higher.
Hair: Wear a wide-brimmed hat as your hair too needs the same amount of protection in this harsh weather as your skin. You can also use hair protecting masks that are available in the market in a lotion or gel form.
Eyes: Sunglasses should also be made a part of your wardrobe not only for style, but for the protection of your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun. But the risky part comes while buying it. Many people make peace with the cheap street glasses and it can cost them their eyes in the long run.
Therefore, while going for it one must check if the sunglasses are UVA-UVB proof by checking whether it is labelled "UV 400,". Doing so will keep your eyes healthy and prevent the thin skin around the eyes from premature ageing. Go for a good brand if you are not sure.
Body: Increased heat and sweating can play havoc on our skin in the summers. The worst part is, heat rashes occur on the areas well covered with clothes. So, what's the escape route?
All we can do is to wear breathable clothes, soft- light fabrics. No wonder cotton is a summer favourite. One must also take daily showers to get rid of the sweat and germs.
Last but not the least, keep you body well hydrated by drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water a day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know