Beas tragedy: Body identified as that of student
Mandi: A body, recovered from the Beas river here, was identified as that of an engineering student from Hyderabad on Monday who was among 25 persons swept away in the river two weeks back.
The bloated body which surfaced and was fished out yesterday, was deformed and could not be identified yesterday. It was identified today as that of Mettapalli Akhil, SP, Mandi, RS Negi said.
Twenty four BTech students of an engineering college in Hyderabad and a tour leader were washed away in Beas river on June 8 after sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydro-power project near Thalot.
Seventeen bodies have been recovered so far, and eight persons, including the tour leader and three girls, are to be found.
About 600 rescue men of NDRF, Army, police ITBP and 40 expert divers continued search for bodies of missing persons for the 15th day today but no bodies were found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players