Beas tragedy: Body identified as that of student
Mandi: A body, recovered from the Beas river here, was identified as that of an engineering student from Hyderabad on Monday who was among 25 persons swept away in the river two weeks back.
The bloated body which surfaced and was fished out yesterday, was deformed and could not be identified yesterday. It was identified today as that of Mettapalli Akhil, SP, Mandi, RS Negi said.
Twenty four BTech students of an engineering college in Hyderabad and a tour leader were washed away in Beas river on June 8 after sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydro-power project near Thalot.
Seventeen bodies have been recovered so far, and eight persons, including the tour leader and three girls, are to be found.
About 600 rescue men of NDRF, Army, police ITBP and 40 expert divers continued search for bodies of missing persons for the 15th day today but no bodies were found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh