BJP open to return of expelled party leaders
Palampur: BJP today announced the return of three leaders expelled from the party in Himachal, and extended the invitation to other rebels, including HLP chief Maheshwar Singh.
Former Himachal chief minister Shanta Kumar announced the readmission of former MLAs Desh Raj and Rakesh Pathania, and Sanjay Guleria who were expelled from the party for six years during the last assembly elections.
Addressing a press conference with them, Kumar said efforts were on to bring all the leaders back into the party fold who had parted ways in the past, including former MLAs Dulo Ram, Harbans Rana and Rajan Sushant.
He also said that the BJP president Rajnath Singh had given his nod for this. Kumar said if Himachal Lokhit Party (HLP) president?and Kullu MLA, Maheshwar Singh decided to rejoin the party, "the doors are open for him", and he would be given party ticket from Mandi parliamentary seat.
"Talks are being held with Maheshwar Singh at various levels," he said, adding that then BJP "will contest the elections unitedly and sweep the polls as a strong Narendra Modi wave is discernible in Himachal."
The homecoming of other expelled senior leaders, including former minister Roop Singh, is also on the cards as the BJP leadership is keen to ensure consolidation of BJP votes.
Kumar had yesterday announced his decision to contest the Lok Sabha seat from Kangra constituency. When asked about the list of corrupt political leaders released by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, he said that though the effort was good, Kejriwal should restrain himself while making allegations of corruption without any evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft