BJP open to return of expelled party leaders
Palampur: BJP today announced the return of three leaders expelled from the party in Himachal, and extended the invitation to other rebels, including HLP chief Maheshwar Singh.
Former Himachal chief minister Shanta Kumar announced the readmission of former MLAs Desh Raj and Rakesh Pathania, and Sanjay Guleria who were expelled from the party for six years during the last assembly elections.
Addressing a press conference with them, Kumar said efforts were on to bring all the leaders back into the party fold who had parted ways in the past, including former MLAs Dulo Ram, Harbans Rana and Rajan Sushant.
He also said that the BJP president Rajnath Singh had given his nod for this. Kumar said if Himachal Lokhit Party (HLP) president?and Kullu MLA, Maheshwar Singh decided to rejoin the party, "the doors are open for him", and he would be given party ticket from Mandi parliamentary seat.
"Talks are being held with Maheshwar Singh at various levels," he said, adding that then BJP "will contest the elections unitedly and sweep the polls as a strong Narendra Modi wave is discernible in Himachal."
The homecoming of other expelled senior leaders, including former minister Roop Singh, is also on the cards as the BJP leadership is keen to ensure consolidation of BJP votes.
Kumar had yesterday announced his decision to contest the Lok Sabha seat from Kangra constituency. When asked about the list of corrupt political leaders released by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, he said that though the effort was good, Kejriwal should restrain himself while making allegations of corruption without any evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England