Bus accident in Himachal Pradesh claims 30 lives
Dharamsala: At least 30 passengers were
killed and 48 injured when an overcrowded bus rolled down into
a deep gorge near Haripur area of Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh.
The mishap occurred when the bus driver lost control
over the vehicle, which was on its way to Dehra from Nagrota
Suriyan, and fell into the 100-feet deep gorge, Superintendent
of Police Atul Fulzele said.
The injured were rushed to Dr Rajendra Prasad
Government Medical College in Tanda, they said, adding rescue
operation is on and the casualty figure is expected to rise.
Senior civil and police officers have rushed to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'