Chandigarh-Manali highway reopens
Shimla: Traffic on the Chandigarh-Manali National Highway-21 was restored near Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi town on Saturday after remaining closed for more than 12 hours, police said.
The busy highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by a cloudburst near Mandi. No casualty was reported.
"The highway was reopened partially for traffic around 2 p.m. Hundreds of people who were stranded in their vehicles have left for their destinations," Superintendent of Police P.D. Prasad told a news agency.
This is the second cloudburst in the hill state in less than a fortnight. Four people were killed and 22 injured in a cloudburst in upper Manali July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says