Chandigarh-Manali highway reopens
Shimla: Traffic on the Chandigarh-Manali National Highway-21 was restored near Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi town on Saturday after remaining closed for more than 12 hours, police said.
The busy highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by a cloudburst near Mandi. No casualty was reported.
"The highway was reopened partially for traffic around 2 p.m. Hundreds of people who were stranded in their vehicles have left for their destinations," Superintendent of Police P.D. Prasad told a news agency.
This is the second cloudburst in the hill state in less than a fortnight. Four people were killed and 22 injured in a cloudburst in upper Manali July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city