Chandigarh-Manali highway reopens
Shimla: Traffic on the Chandigarh-Manali National Highway-21 was restored near Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi town on Saturday after remaining closed for more than 12 hours, police said.
The busy highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by a cloudburst near Mandi. No casualty was reported.
"The highway was reopened partially for traffic around 2 p.m. Hundreds of people who were stranded in their vehicles have left for their destinations," Superintendent of Police P.D. Prasad told a news agency.
This is the second cloudburst in the hill state in less than a fortnight. Four people were killed and 22 injured in a cloudburst in upper Manali July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket