Congress dares Dhumal to disclose assets, source of income
Shimla: State Congress leaders have dared former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and his MP son Anurag Thakur to declare their assets and sources of income.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Parliamentary Secretaries Rakesh Kalia, Sohan Lal Thakur, Inderdutt Lakhanpal and Ajay Mahajan, all MLAs, issued a joint statement today defending HPCC president Sukhvinder Singh Thakur against whom BJP had made charges of not declaring assets.
They said the HPCC president was the first leader in the state to declare his assets after being elected MLA but claimed that both Dhumal and Thakur have not declared their assets despite repeated demands.
They claimed that BJP had made "false and baseless" allegations against Thakur.
They alleged that BJP leaders had amassed huge wealth through illegal means during the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah