Congress dares Dhumal to disclose assets, source of income
Shimla: State Congress leaders have dared former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and his MP son Anurag Thakur to declare their assets and sources of income.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Parliamentary Secretaries Rakesh Kalia, Sohan Lal Thakur, Inderdutt Lakhanpal and Ajay Mahajan, all MLAs, issued a joint statement today defending HPCC president Sukhvinder Singh Thakur against whom BJP had made charges of not declaring assets.
They said the HPCC president was the first leader in the state to declare his assets after being elected MLA but claimed that both Dhumal and Thakur have not declared their assets despite repeated demands.
They claimed that BJP had made "false and baseless" allegations against Thakur.
They alleged that BJP leaders had amassed huge wealth through illegal means during the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth