Congress dares Dhumal to disclose assets, source of income
Shimla: State Congress leaders have dared former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and his MP son Anurag Thakur to declare their assets and sources of income.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Parliamentary Secretaries Rakesh Kalia, Sohan Lal Thakur, Inderdutt Lakhanpal and Ajay Mahajan, all MLAs, issued a joint statement today defending HPCC president Sukhvinder Singh Thakur against whom BJP had made charges of not declaring assets.
They said the HPCC president was the first leader in the state to declare his assets after being elected MLA but claimed that both Dhumal and Thakur have not declared their assets despite repeated demands.
They claimed that BJP had made "false and baseless" allegations against Thakur.
They alleged that BJP leaders had amassed huge wealth through illegal means during the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day