Congress ministers hit out at BJP over Dhumal`s scams
Shimla: Congress ministers in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday hit out at opposition BJP for not seeking any action against their leader Prem Kumar Dhumal and his MP son Anurag Thakur on their alleged involvement in many cases of corruption including the HPCA scam.
In a joint statement, five ministers said that the alleged involvement of Dhumal has been established in these cases and asked the BJP why it was not asking for his resignation from the post of leader of the opposition.
By submitting a list of allegations in a charge-sheet to the Governor, the ministers claimed that BJP had countered the charge-sheet submitted by Congress to the President of India against the previous BJP government.
If there was any substance in the allegations, the ministers asked why the BJP leaders were not going to the Lokayukta, the ministers asked.
As inquiries into charges against Dhumal was nearing completion, they said BJP leaders were in panic fearing legal action and started mounting pressure on Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh by making unsubstantiated charges against him in the media. This tactic would not work, they said.
The joint statement was issued by ministers Thakur Singh Bharmauri, Mukesh Agnihotri, Sudhir Sharma, Prakash Chaudhary and Anil Sharma.
The ministers welcomed the decision of the Court of Municipal Corporation, Shimla, to demolish the illegal constructions at HPCA`s Academy at Lalpani, which they said was illegally set up by Anurag Thakur and supported by Dhumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery