Dhumal attacks Union Minister VB Singh
Shimla: Launching an attack on Union Minister VB Singh, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Thursday questioned him for allowing Tibetans to purchase land in the state.
"How Tibetans were allowed to purchase land in the state during the VB Singh regime," he said, adding several cases were pending in the court in this connection.
On February 21, Union Minister VB Singh had alleged that the BJP government in the state violated land laws by allowing team Anna member Prashant Bhushan to purchase land.
As per the state land laws, only the state`s permanent residents can buy land in the state.
Dhumal said that if there was any irregularity in allotment of land to Bhushan, everyone was free to go to the Judicial Commission probing the ‘benami’ land deals or move the court of law.
When asked whether the land purchased "illegally" by Tibetans would be acquired, Dhumal said action would be taken as per the law after the cases were decided by the court.
When asked about number of such cases, he said it was very high but he could not tell the exact number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details