Dhumal attacks Union Minister VB Singh
Shimla: Launching an attack on Union Minister VB Singh, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Thursday questioned him for allowing Tibetans to purchase land in the state.
"How Tibetans were allowed to purchase land in the state during the VB Singh regime," he said, adding several cases were pending in the court in this connection.
On February 21, Union Minister VB Singh had alleged that the BJP government in the state violated land laws by allowing team Anna member Prashant Bhushan to purchase land.
As per the state land laws, only the state`s permanent residents can buy land in the state.
Dhumal said that if there was any irregularity in allotment of land to Bhushan, everyone was free to go to the Judicial Commission probing the ‘benami’ land deals or move the court of law.
When asked whether the land purchased "illegally" by Tibetans would be acquired, Dhumal said action would be taken as per the law after the cases were decided by the court.
When asked about number of such cases, he said it was very high but he could not tell the exact number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!