Dhumal lashes out at Congress govt for all-round failure
Shimla: Opposition BJP on Friday lashed out at the ruling Congress government in Himachal Pradesh saying it was busy pursuing politics of vendetta when the state was facing a slew of administrative problems.
"The only agenda of the state government is `Badla-Badli` and institution of false cases.
"Mass transfers and suspension of elected representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions owing allegiance to BJP has become the order of the day," BJP leader and former HP chief minister, Prem Kumar Dhumal, said at a rally here in front of the state assembly.
Alleging that the Congress government was victimising its political opponents and indulging in a game of `transfers and revenge` (Badla-Badli), Dhumal said that those indulging in politics of vendetta would be paid back in the same coin.
He said that the government had failed to provide ration under the Public Distribution System while no steps had been taken to generate employment.
The law and order situation in HP, too, has deteriorated, he said.
Addressing the rally, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said there was "goonda raj" in the state and warned police and the administration against hobnobbing with Congress leaders who were bent upon fulfilling their political agenda.
Referring to the phone tapping row, Dhumal said, "It is strange that Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh himself has become the complainant, investigator, prosecutors and judge and is blaming one person or the other for alleged phone-tapping."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday