Dhumal lashes out at Congress govt for all-round failure
Shimla: Opposition BJP on Friday lashed out at the ruling Congress government in Himachal Pradesh saying it was busy pursuing politics of vendetta when the state was facing a slew of administrative problems.
"The only agenda of the state government is `Badla-Badli` and institution of false cases.
"Mass transfers and suspension of elected representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions owing allegiance to BJP has become the order of the day," BJP leader and former HP chief minister, Prem Kumar Dhumal, said at a rally here in front of the state assembly.
Alleging that the Congress government was victimising its political opponents and indulging in a game of `transfers and revenge` (Badla-Badli), Dhumal said that those indulging in politics of vendetta would be paid back in the same coin.
He said that the government had failed to provide ration under the Public Distribution System while no steps had been taken to generate employment.
The law and order situation in HP, too, has deteriorated, he said.
Addressing the rally, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said there was "goonda raj" in the state and warned police and the administration against hobnobbing with Congress leaders who were bent upon fulfilling their political agenda.
Referring to the phone tapping row, Dhumal said, "It is strange that Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh himself has become the complainant, investigator, prosecutors and judge and is blaming one person or the other for alleged phone-tapping."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies