Free bus travel for govt school students in Himachal
Shimla: All government school students of Himachal Pradesh can now avail the facility of free travel in state buses, with the government today giving its nod to a proposal in this regard.
The decision will come into effect from April 1, an official release said after a cabinet meeting here, adding that the facility will be limited to travel from home to school and back.
An announcement in this regard was made by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on February 25.
The cabinet deferred a decision on land leased to Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA), and decided to seek more information about the terms of lease and other relevant documents and also consult the law department.
Among other decisions, it approved some changes in state`s RTE rules to pave way for admission of students from weaker sections in the private aided and un-aided schools.
The excise policy for 2013-14 was also approved by the cabinet, which decided to enhance the remuneration of part time workers and sweepers of health department from Rs 1,100 per to Rs 1,300 per month.
The cabinet further decided to provide 39 kg of wheat and 29 kg of rice per month to selected BPL families and 23 kg of wheat and 17 kg of rice to Antodaya families of Chamba district, besides 30 kg of wheat and 22 kg of rice to Antodaya families in Sirmaur district from January to May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state