Free bus travel for govt school students in Himachal
Shimla: All government school students of Himachal Pradesh can now avail the facility of free travel in state buses, with the government today giving its nod to a proposal in this regard.
The decision will come into effect from April 1, an official release said after a cabinet meeting here, adding that the facility will be limited to travel from home to school and back.
An announcement in this regard was made by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on February 25.
The cabinet deferred a decision on land leased to Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA), and decided to seek more information about the terms of lease and other relevant documents and also consult the law department.
Among other decisions, it approved some changes in state`s RTE rules to pave way for admission of students from weaker sections in the private aided and un-aided schools.
The excise policy for 2013-14 was also approved by the cabinet, which decided to enhance the remuneration of part time workers and sweepers of health department from Rs 1,100 per to Rs 1,300 per month.
The cabinet further decided to provide 39 kg of wheat and 29 kg of rice per month to selected BPL families and 23 kg of wheat and 17 kg of rice to Antodaya families of Chamba district, besides 30 kg of wheat and 22 kg of rice to Antodaya families in Sirmaur district from January to May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy