Free bus travel for govt school students in Himachal
Shimla: All government school students of Himachal Pradesh can now avail the facility of free travel in state buses, with the government today giving its nod to a proposal in this regard.
The decision will come into effect from April 1, an official release said after a cabinet meeting here, adding that the facility will be limited to travel from home to school and back.
An announcement in this regard was made by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on February 25.
The cabinet deferred a decision on land leased to Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA), and decided to seek more information about the terms of lease and other relevant documents and also consult the law department.
Among other decisions, it approved some changes in state`s RTE rules to pave way for admission of students from weaker sections in the private aided and un-aided schools.
The excise policy for 2013-14 was also approved by the cabinet, which decided to enhance the remuneration of part time workers and sweepers of health department from Rs 1,100 per to Rs 1,300 per month.
The cabinet further decided to provide 39 kg of wheat and 29 kg of rice per month to selected BPL families and 23 kg of wheat and 17 kg of rice to Antodaya families of Chamba district, besides 30 kg of wheat and 22 kg of rice to Antodaya families in Sirmaur district from January to May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers