Gadkari asks dissidents in HP not to go public
Shimla: Dissident BJP leaders, who floated
an anti-corruption forum in Himachal Pradesh, have been asked
by party chief Nitin Gadkari to resolve the issues within the
party and not to go public with their activities.
Instructions to this effect were issued to Himachal
Bhrastachar Mukti Morcha leaders when they met Gadkari in
Delhi yesterday, Morcha sources here said.
Morcha leaders including BJP MPs, MLAs, former ministers
and office bearers of the party`s state unit aired their
grievances during the meeting which lasted for about three
hours, Morcha sources here said.
They said they had been completely sidelined and deeply
concerned over corruption by some ministers.
The party chief told Morcha leaders to resolve the
issues within the party and not go public with their
activities nor with those of the Morcha.
Sources in the dissident camp had also objected to the
removal of senior leader, Maheshwar Singh from the National
Gadkari told them that the action was prompted by a news
clipping sent to the high command, carrying the reported
statement of Maheshwar Singh saying that the Morcha would
boycott the Jan Chetana Yatra of LK Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'