Hamirpur: Three arrested for abduction, rape
Hamirpur: Three persons have been arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a girl in Biar Khurd village in Hamirpur, police said on Friday. As per the complaint of the girl, she was abducted and raped in Biar Khurd village on March 26 but she did not report the matter as the accused had threatened to kill her.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has been registered against the accused and the matter being probed further, police said.
As per the statement of the girl, she was abducted by three persons and raped by one of them in Biar Khurd while the two others assisted him in the crime, Hamirpur district police chief, Jagat Ram said.
Meanwhile, the body of Bal Krishan Sharma, a former revenue officer (Naib Tehsildar) of Hamirpur, who was missing since last evening was recovered from Dosarka village of the Sujanpurtira tehsil of the district on Friday.
A police spokesman said some passers-by spotted his body in a remote village and informed the police. The body was later identified and post mortem conducted.
The deceased was the elder brother of Raj Krishan Sharma, the Executive Officer of Hamirpur Nagar Parishad. The cause of the death is being investigated by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth