Heavy rains trigger landslides, damage houses in HP
Shimla: Heavy rains lashed several parts of Himachal Pradesh triggering landslides and damaging houses in Taradevi and Krishananagar areas of the state capital.
About six houses in Press Colony area were damaged as heavy rains caused a massive landslide near Taradevi last night.
Two persons had miraculous escape as they managed to run out of the house before huge mound of debris entered the house with great force, sources said.
Some houses in Krishananagar colony developed cracks while some others were endangered due to landslides.
Kinnaur district was cut off by road beyond Rekong Peo and essential commodities, fuel and other goods were being air dropped, officials said.
Shimla and Arki received 54 mm of rains while Nagrota Suriyan had 37 mm of rains, followed by Jogindernagar and Pandoh 34 mm, Guler 32 mm, Dehra Gopipur 30 mm, Solan 28 mm, kasauli and Sunnibajji 22 mm, Kahu and Palampur 19 mm and Mashobra 16 mm.
The maximum day temperatures decreased marginally and Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 36 degrees Celsius while Sundernagar recorded a low of 33 deg, followed by Bhuntar 32 deg, Dharamsala 29.2 deg, Solan 28.5 deg, Nahan 28.2 deg and Shimla 22.5 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured