Hills overlooking Manali get snow
Shimla: Hills overlooking the popular tourist destination Manali on Wednesday saw mild snowfall. It was the season`s first major snowfall in the region.
The meteorological office here said that the higher hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur and Kullu districts got moderate snowfall.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti where Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will reach Thursday to address an election meeting, saw more than 1 cm of snow.
The temperatures plummeted across the state after rain and snowfall.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Kasauli, Manali, Dharamsala, Chamba and Dalhousie experienced intermittent rain through the night.
Shimla recorded a low of 6.3 degrees Celsius while it was five degrees in Manali, one degree in Kalpa in Kinnaur district and minus 0.5 degree in Keylong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray