Himachal Pradesh: 41 killed in two accidents
Shimla: Forty-one people, including 32 members of a marriage party, were killed and seven others were
injured in two separate accidents in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, police said on Thursday.
A canter carrying members of a marriage party from Chaura to Shekhpur plunged into a 300-feet deep gorge near Shekhpur at 12.30 am last night, killing 32 people.
While 30 people died on the spot, two persons succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Five injured persons were rushed to RP Government Medical College, Tanda in Kangra while another injured person was taken to a hospital in Pathankot.
Chamba district police chief, Madhusudan, who was on the spot, said the truck was carrying about 40 people.
He said the injured persons have been rushed to the hospital while bodies of the deceased were being recovered from the gorge.
In another accident, nine persons, all employees of a company, were killed on the spot when a pick-up van rolled into a ditch near Bharmaur, 65-Km from Chamba last night.
The van was going to Bharmaur to drop the employees after the night shift.
Himachal Vidhan Sabha Speaker, who represents Bharmaur constituency, has expressed grief over the accident and asked the district administration to provide immediate relief to the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM