Himachal Pradesh: 586 killed in road accidents this year
Shimla: More than 580 people have died in over 1,600 incidents of road accidents this year in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has said. State capital Shimla recorded the highest number of deaths.
"As many as 586 people have lost their lives in the state from Jan 1 to July 31 in 1,669 accidents," Dhumal said in the state assembly Wednesday.
He said in a written reply that 1,072 people died in the state in 3,099 accidents that occurred last year.
"The maximum number of deaths in accidents last year were reported in Shimla district followed by Chamba and Kangra districts. Till July this year, Shimla district recorded the maximum number of deaths," he added.
According to the reply, cars and jeeps were involved in the maximum number of accidents followed by two-wheelers and the trucks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail