Himachal Pradesh: 586 killed in road accidents this year
Shimla: More than 580 people have died in over 1,600 incidents of road accidents this year in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has said. State capital Shimla recorded the highest number of deaths.
"As many as 586 people have lost their lives in the state from Jan 1 to July 31 in 1,669 accidents," Dhumal said in the state assembly Wednesday.
He said in a written reply that 1,072 people died in the state in 3,099 accidents that occurred last year.
"The maximum number of deaths in accidents last year were reported in Shimla district followed by Chamba and Kangra districts. Till July this year, Shimla district recorded the maximum number of deaths," he added.
According to the reply, cars and jeeps were involved in the maximum number of accidents followed by two-wheelers and the trucks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read