Himachal Pradesh: 586 killed in road accidents this year
Shimla: More than 580 people have died in over 1,600 incidents of road accidents this year in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has said. State capital Shimla recorded the highest number of deaths.
"As many as 586 people have lost their lives in the state from Jan 1 to July 31 in 1,669 accidents," Dhumal said in the state assembly Wednesday.
He said in a written reply that 1,072 people died in the state in 3,099 accidents that occurred last year.
"The maximum number of deaths in accidents last year were reported in Shimla district followed by Chamba and Kangra districts. Till July this year, Shimla district recorded the maximum number of deaths," he added.
According to the reply, cars and jeeps were involved in the maximum number of accidents followed by two-wheelers and the trucks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?