Himachal Pradesh: 586 killed in road accidents this year
Shimla: More than 580 people have died in over 1,600 incidents of road accidents this year in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has said. State capital Shimla recorded the highest number of deaths.
"As many as 586 people have lost their lives in the state from Jan 1 to July 31 in 1,669 accidents," Dhumal said in the state assembly Wednesday.
He said in a written reply that 1,072 people died in the state in 3,099 accidents that occurred last year.
"The maximum number of deaths in accidents last year were reported in Shimla district followed by Chamba and Kangra districts. Till July this year, Shimla district recorded the maximum number of deaths," he added.
According to the reply, cars and jeeps were involved in the maximum number of accidents followed by two-wheelers and the trucks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement