Himachal Pradesh: BJP expels ten rebels
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP on Tuesday expelled ten of its leaders from primary membership of the party for not withdrawing in favour of the party`s official candidates in coming assembly elections.
The expelled members are former minister and six- time MLA Roop Singh Thakur from Sundernagar, Kamla Patial from Dharamsala, Bhupendra Chauhan from Bhatiyyat, Sudha Sushant, wife of expelled BJP Lok Sabha member Rajan Sushant from Fatehpur, Sanjay Guleria from Jwali, Damodar Chauhan from Nachan, Hira Nand Kashyap from Solan, Mahant Ram Chowdhary from Balh, Rajendra Rana from Sujanpur and Shyam Lal Thakur from Mandi.
BJP is facing the problem of rebels in over 40 constituencies as Himachal Lokhit Party floated by dissident BJP leaders have already fielded candidates from 36 seats.
Congress, seeking to return to power in the state, had expelled six leaders on Saturday but still half a dozen rebels, including HPCC president, Vijay Jyoti Sen, wife of borther-in-law of HPCC president V.B.Singh, have not so far been expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan