Himachal Pradesh: BJP expels ten rebels
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP on Tuesday expelled ten of its leaders from primary membership of the party for not withdrawing in favour of the party`s official candidates in coming assembly elections.
The expelled members are former minister and six- time MLA Roop Singh Thakur from Sundernagar, Kamla Patial from Dharamsala, Bhupendra Chauhan from Bhatiyyat, Sudha Sushant, wife of expelled BJP Lok Sabha member Rajan Sushant from Fatehpur, Sanjay Guleria from Jwali, Damodar Chauhan from Nachan, Hira Nand Kashyap from Solan, Mahant Ram Chowdhary from Balh, Rajendra Rana from Sujanpur and Shyam Lal Thakur from Mandi.
BJP is facing the problem of rebels in over 40 constituencies as Himachal Lokhit Party floated by dissident BJP leaders have already fielded candidates from 36 seats.
Congress, seeking to return to power in the state, had expelled six leaders on Saturday but still half a dozen rebels, including HPCC president, Vijay Jyoti Sen, wife of borther-in-law of HPCC president V.B.Singh, have not so far been expelled.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory