Himachal Pradesh: BJP expels ten rebels
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP on Tuesday expelled ten of its leaders from primary membership of the party for not withdrawing in favour of the party`s official candidates in coming assembly elections.
The expelled members are former minister and six- time MLA Roop Singh Thakur from Sundernagar, Kamla Patial from Dharamsala, Bhupendra Chauhan from Bhatiyyat, Sudha Sushant, wife of expelled BJP Lok Sabha member Rajan Sushant from Fatehpur, Sanjay Guleria from Jwali, Damodar Chauhan from Nachan, Hira Nand Kashyap from Solan, Mahant Ram Chowdhary from Balh, Rajendra Rana from Sujanpur and Shyam Lal Thakur from Mandi.
BJP is facing the problem of rebels in over 40 constituencies as Himachal Lokhit Party floated by dissident BJP leaders have already fielded candidates from 36 seats.
Congress, seeking to return to power in the state, had expelled six leaders on Saturday but still half a dozen rebels, including HPCC president, Vijay Jyoti Sen, wife of borther-in-law of HPCC president V.B.Singh, have not so far been expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown