Himachal Pradesh: BJP expels ten rebels
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP on Tuesday expelled ten of its leaders from primary membership of the party for not withdrawing in favour of the party`s official candidates in coming assembly elections.
The expelled members are former minister and six- time MLA Roop Singh Thakur from Sundernagar, Kamla Patial from Dharamsala, Bhupendra Chauhan from Bhatiyyat, Sudha Sushant, wife of expelled BJP Lok Sabha member Rajan Sushant from Fatehpur, Sanjay Guleria from Jwali, Damodar Chauhan from Nachan, Hira Nand Kashyap from Solan, Mahant Ram Chowdhary from Balh, Rajendra Rana from Sujanpur and Shyam Lal Thakur from Mandi.
BJP is facing the problem of rebels in over 40 constituencies as Himachal Lokhit Party floated by dissident BJP leaders have already fielded candidates from 36 seats.
Congress, seeking to return to power in the state, had expelled six leaders on Saturday but still half a dozen rebels, including HPCC president, Vijay Jyoti Sen, wife of borther-in-law of HPCC president V.B.Singh, have not so far been expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal