Himachal Pradesh: BJP expels ten rebels
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s ruling BJP on Tuesday expelled ten of its leaders from primary membership of the party for not withdrawing in favour of the party`s official candidates in coming assembly elections.
The expelled members are former minister and six- time MLA Roop Singh Thakur from Sundernagar, Kamla Patial from Dharamsala, Bhupendra Chauhan from Bhatiyyat, Sudha Sushant, wife of expelled BJP Lok Sabha member Rajan Sushant from Fatehpur, Sanjay Guleria from Jwali, Damodar Chauhan from Nachan, Hira Nand Kashyap from Solan, Mahant Ram Chowdhary from Balh, Rajendra Rana from Sujanpur and Shyam Lal Thakur from Mandi.
BJP is facing the problem of rebels in over 40 constituencies as Himachal Lokhit Party floated by dissident BJP leaders have already fielded candidates from 36 seats.
Congress, seeking to return to power in the state, had expelled six leaders on Saturday but still half a dozen rebels, including HPCC president, Vijay Jyoti Sen, wife of borther-in-law of HPCC president V.B.Singh, have not so far been expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed