Himachal Pradesh shivers, Keylong minus 9.9 degree
Shimla: The minimum temperature in Himachal Pradesh dipped further on Thursday despite dry weather, with Keylong recording minus 9.9 degrees celsius.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 9.9 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official told a news agency.
The temperature in the town was down by a degree from Wednesday.
The entire tribal belt in Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing extremely cold conditions with mercury staying between minus 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur saw a minimum temperature of minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, while it was three degrees below freezing point in tourist resort Manali and 4.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, down from Wednesday`s 2.1 degrees.
The weatherman said extreme cold climatic conditions in the state would continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'