Himachal Pradesh shivers, Keylong minus 9.9 degree
Shimla: The minimum temperature in Himachal Pradesh dipped further on Thursday despite dry weather, with Keylong recording minus 9.9 degrees celsius.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 9.9 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official told a news agency.
The temperature in the town was down by a degree from Wednesday.
The entire tribal belt in Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing extremely cold conditions with mercury staying between minus 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur saw a minimum temperature of minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, while it was three degrees below freezing point in tourist resort Manali and 4.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, down from Wednesday`s 2.1 degrees.
The weatherman said extreme cold climatic conditions in the state would continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days