Himachal Pradesh shivers, Keylong minus 9.9 degree
Shimla: The minimum temperature in Himachal Pradesh dipped further on Thursday despite dry weather, with Keylong recording minus 9.9 degrees celsius.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 9.9 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official told a news agency.
The temperature in the town was down by a degree from Wednesday.
The entire tribal belt in Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing extremely cold conditions with mercury staying between minus 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur saw a minimum temperature of minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, while it was three degrees below freezing point in tourist resort Manali and 4.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, down from Wednesday`s 2.1 degrees.
The weatherman said extreme cold climatic conditions in the state would continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29