Himachal Pradesh shivers, Keylong minus 9.9 degree
Shimla: The minimum temperature in Himachal Pradesh dipped further on Thursday despite dry weather, with Keylong recording minus 9.9 degrees celsius.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of minus 9.9 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official told a news agency.
The temperature in the town was down by a degree from Wednesday.
The entire tribal belt in Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing extremely cold conditions with mercury staying between minus 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur saw a minimum temperature of minus 4.6 degrees Celsius, while it was three degrees below freezing point in tourist resort Manali and 4.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 1.2 degrees Celsius, down from Wednesday`s 2.1 degrees.
The weatherman said extreme cold climatic conditions in the state would continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation