Himachal Pradesh`s zila parishad gets national award
New Delhi: A zila parishad of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday received a national award for adopting innovative measures to strengthen panchayati raj institutions, the village-level third-tier of governance, a statement said.
Union Minister for Panchayati Raj V Kishore Chandra presented the Rajiv Gandhi Shashaktikaran Puraskar to Kullu Zila Parishad chairman HC Sharma at a function here to mark the National Panchayati Raj Divas, the government statement said.
An award of Rs 40 lakh and an appreciation letter was presented to Sharma.
The zila parishad has won the national award second time in a row.
Last year, it received a cash award of Rs.25 lakh for its achievements in various sectors.
The parishad has earmarked its 25 percent budget for sanitation programmes, said the statement quoting Sharma as saying.
He said the zila parishad had generated a revenue of Rs 665,960 in 2011-12, which was Rs 174,566 higher than 2010-11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview