Himachal Pradesh`s zila parishad gets national award
New Delhi: A zila parishad of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday received a national award for adopting innovative measures to strengthen panchayati raj institutions, the village-level third-tier of governance, a statement said.
Union Minister for Panchayati Raj V Kishore Chandra presented the Rajiv Gandhi Shashaktikaran Puraskar to Kullu Zila Parishad chairman HC Sharma at a function here to mark the National Panchayati Raj Divas, the government statement said.
An award of Rs 40 lakh and an appreciation letter was presented to Sharma.
The zila parishad has won the national award second time in a row.
Last year, it received a cash award of Rs.25 lakh for its achievements in various sectors.
The parishad has earmarked its 25 percent budget for sanitation programmes, said the statement quoting Sharma as saying.
He said the zila parishad had generated a revenue of Rs 665,960 in 2011-12, which was Rs 174,566 higher than 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users