Himachal Pradesh`s zila parishad gets national award
New Delhi: A zila parishad of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday received a national award for adopting innovative measures to strengthen panchayati raj institutions, the village-level third-tier of governance, a statement said.
Union Minister for Panchayati Raj V Kishore Chandra presented the Rajiv Gandhi Shashaktikaran Puraskar to Kullu Zila Parishad chairman HC Sharma at a function here to mark the National Panchayati Raj Divas, the government statement said.
An award of Rs 40 lakh and an appreciation letter was presented to Sharma.
The zila parishad has won the national award second time in a row.
Last year, it received a cash award of Rs.25 lakh for its achievements in various sectors.
The parishad has earmarked its 25 percent budget for sanitation programmes, said the statement quoting Sharma as saying.
He said the zila parishad had generated a revenue of Rs 665,960 in 2011-12, which was Rs 174,566 higher than 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon