Himachal Pradesh`s zila parishad gets national award
New Delhi: A zila parishad of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday received a national award for adopting innovative measures to strengthen panchayati raj institutions, the village-level third-tier of governance, a statement said.
Union Minister for Panchayati Raj V Kishore Chandra presented the Rajiv Gandhi Shashaktikaran Puraskar to Kullu Zila Parishad chairman HC Sharma at a function here to mark the National Panchayati Raj Divas, the government statement said.
An award of Rs 40 lakh and an appreciation letter was presented to Sharma.
The zila parishad has won the national award second time in a row.
Last year, it received a cash award of Rs.25 lakh for its achievements in various sectors.
The parishad has earmarked its 25 percent budget for sanitation programmes, said the statement quoting Sharma as saying.
He said the zila parishad had generated a revenue of Rs 665,960 in 2011-12, which was Rs 174,566 higher than 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands