Himachal shivers due to fresh bout of snowfall
Shimla: A fresh bout of snowfall in higher parts of Himachal Pradesh pushed temperature to several notches below freezing point while other parts of the state remained covered under cloud.
A wave of cold weather gripped Himachal on Tuesday night as the higher reaches experienced snowfall, meteorological department said.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 4.1 degrees Celsius, Mandi 3.9 deg C and Sundernagar 3.1 deg C during night.
Keylong, the head quarters of Lahoul and Spiti districts was coldest during night with minus 2.9 deg C.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have experienced light snowfall," an official of the meteorological office said.
Temperatures in some other areas also slipped to below freezing point, he said.
The met office has forecast rain and/or snow in many higher areas of the state in the coming 3-4 days.
The weather office also predicted sunny days across the state from Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'