Himachal shivers due to fresh bout of snowfall
Shimla: A fresh bout of snowfall in higher parts of Himachal Pradesh pushed temperature to several notches below freezing point while other parts of the state remained covered under cloud.
A wave of cold weather gripped Himachal on Tuesday night as the higher reaches experienced snowfall, meteorological department said.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 4.1 degrees Celsius, Mandi 3.9 deg C and Sundernagar 3.1 deg C during night.
Keylong, the head quarters of Lahoul and Spiti districts was coldest during night with minus 2.9 deg C.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have experienced light snowfall," an official of the meteorological office said.
Temperatures in some other areas also slipped to below freezing point, he said.
The met office has forecast rain and/or snow in many higher areas of the state in the coming 3-4 days.
The weather office also predicted sunny days across the state from Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state