Himachal shivers due to fresh bout of snowfall
Shimla: A fresh bout of snowfall in higher parts of Himachal Pradesh pushed temperature to several notches below freezing point while other parts of the state remained covered under cloud.
A wave of cold weather gripped Himachal on Tuesday night as the higher reaches experienced snowfall, meteorological department said.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 4.1 degrees Celsius, Mandi 3.9 deg C and Sundernagar 3.1 deg C during night.
Keylong, the head quarters of Lahoul and Spiti districts was coldest during night with minus 2.9 deg C.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have experienced light snowfall," an official of the meteorological office said.
Temperatures in some other areas also slipped to below freezing point, he said.
The met office has forecast rain and/or snow in many higher areas of the state in the coming 3-4 days.
The weather office also predicted sunny days across the state from Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?