Himachal shivers due to fresh bout of snowfall
Shimla: A fresh bout of snowfall in higher parts of Himachal Pradesh pushed temperature to several notches below freezing point while other parts of the state remained covered under cloud.
A wave of cold weather gripped Himachal on Tuesday night as the higher reaches experienced snowfall, meteorological department said.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 4.1 degrees Celsius, Mandi 3.9 deg C and Sundernagar 3.1 deg C during night.
Keylong, the head quarters of Lahoul and Spiti districts was coldest during night with minus 2.9 deg C.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have experienced light snowfall," an official of the meteorological office said.
Temperatures in some other areas also slipped to below freezing point, he said.
The met office has forecast rain and/or snow in many higher areas of the state in the coming 3-4 days.
The weather office also predicted sunny days across the state from Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out