Himachal to have transparent administration: Guv
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday promised an "effective, accountable and transparent" administration while according top most priority to overall development.
Addressing the opening day of the Winter session of the newly-elected Assembly here, Governor Urmila Singh highlighted the priorities of the Virbhadra Singh government.
She said the resolve of the government is to make Himachal a fully developed state in the next five years.
The Governor said people of this state have always supported progressive policies and have given a mandate to the present government to attain the objectives of all round development.
"Advance thinking and planning have already been initiated and the government will come out with comprehensive pronouncements through its budget for 2013-14," Singh said.
Describing the government employees` role in the state, the Governor said they are the very backbone.
"The victimisation of elected representatives and of certain section of the society through Government machinery during the last five years will be stopped and government will discourage politicisation of employees," the Governor said in her speech.
However, corruption will not be tolerated in any form and all cases of graft would be inquired into independently, she said.
Whosoever is found guilty shall not be spared and shall be proceeded against, as per law.
The state government has adopted the Election Manifesto of the Congress as its policy document and has started its implementation, Singh said.
For employment generation, government will, in a phased manner, introduce innovative employment programmes in all sectors of the economy.
Himachal Pradesh is predominantly horticultural and agricultural economy and means of livelihood of a vast multitude of our population directly depend upon it, she said, adding that the government will undertake all such measures that go to protect the interests of lakhs of small and marginal farmers.
Majority of the population of Himachal lives in villages and in order to strengthen the rural economy, decentralisation of power will be done upto rural level, she said.
Top most priority of the government would be to ensure the benefits of development reach farmers, horticulturists, labourers, unemployed and upto the last man in the society, she said.
The Governor said, "I am fully confident that all the honourable members will work with selfless and tireless devotion in the service of the people of Himachal Pradesh and continuously strive for making this beautiful hill state a model of hill area development."
She welcomed the members of newly-constituted 12th Vidhan Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'