Himachal will bear 50 per cent cost of railway expansion: CM
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday said his government would bear 50 per cent cost of the railway expansion projects in the state.
"The decision was taken so that the state can get its desired share of rail expansion soon," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
The state government wants that the Kangra Valley Railway be given National Heritage status like the Kalka Shimla Railway, he said, adding the narrow gauge facility could also be run on Pathankot Jogindernagar link.
Railway link is important to boost development of the state, the Chief Minister said.
"The rail link between Bhanupalli (near Nangal) to Bilaspur in Himachal has been okayed by the rail ministry, which shall be further extended to Mandi, Manali and Leh. We wish that this link will also be given from Mandi to Pathankot via Palampur," he said.
The broad gauge link of Nangal-Mukerian has been extended up to Amb in Una district and from here a line could go up to Kangra via Nadoun to join Mandi Pathankot link, which would cover the whole central area of Himachal, Singh said.
Speaking on the expansion of Gaggal airport, He said, "It could expanded till Ansoli to make it viable for landing of large aircraft. The state government will extend all help to Centre to acquire land."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users