Himachal will bear 50 per cent cost of railway expansion: CM
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday said his government would bear 50 per cent cost of the railway expansion projects in the state.
"The decision was taken so that the state can get its desired share of rail expansion soon," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
The state government wants that the Kangra Valley Railway be given National Heritage status like the Kalka Shimla Railway, he said, adding the narrow gauge facility could also be run on Pathankot Jogindernagar link.
Railway link is important to boost development of the state, the Chief Minister said.
"The rail link between Bhanupalli (near Nangal) to Bilaspur in Himachal has been okayed by the rail ministry, which shall be further extended to Mandi, Manali and Leh. We wish that this link will also be given from Mandi to Pathankot via Palampur," he said.
The broad gauge link of Nangal-Mukerian has been extended up to Amb in Una district and from here a line could go up to Kangra via Nadoun to join Mandi Pathankot link, which would cover the whole central area of Himachal, Singh said.
Speaking on the expansion of Gaggal airport, He said, "It could expanded till Ansoli to make it viable for landing of large aircraft. The state government will extend all help to Centre to acquire land."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof