HP Govt to table benami land report in Assembly
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government
on Friday decided to table the Report of the Inquiry Commission on
benami land transactions in the state assembly during the
ongoing Budget session.
The Home and Revenue Departments were asked by the state
Cabinet to take immediate action in the cases mentioned in the
The Cabinet also approved extension of the Commission`s
term till May 31.
The Commission, headed by Justice (Retd) D P Sood, had
submitted its report to the government last week.
The Cabinet also revised the rates of travelling and
daily allowance of employees. It fixed the revised rates on
the basis of grade pay with maximum daily allowance of Rs 250
for officers with grade Pay of Rs 10,000 or above and lowest
allowance of Rs 130 for those with grade pay of Rs 3,000 and
The travelling allowance and hotel charges for various
categories of employees were also revised on the same basis.
The Cabinet also increased the fixed travelling allowance
of field functionaries like panchayat secretaries and mukhiya
sevika in Rural Development department by nearly 100 per cent
from Rs 105 to Rs 200 and for other functionaries from Rs 75
to Rs 150.
It approved the decision to provide two increments to the
employees adopting permanent family planning after having two
or less surviving daughters under the `Beti Hai Anmol Scheme`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes