HP to provide additional funds for vital road in apple belt
Shimla: Additional funds would be provided
for repair and maintenance of landslide-prone
Theog-Hatkoti-Rohru road to facilitate apple growers in Shimla
district in smooth transportation of their produce to the
markets, Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Gulab Singh
Thakur said on Monday.
The landslide prone areas would be identified and
proper measures undertaken so as to avoid any inconvenience to
the commuters, the minister said while presiding over a review
PWD would be more vigilant during the ensuing apple
season and additional funds would be provided by the
department for maintaining this road, he added.
Funded by the World Bank, upgradation work of the
80-km Theog-Hatkoti-Rohru road is being done by a Chinese
company Longjain at an estimated cost of Rs 238 crore.
The work on the project was suspended last year
following toughening of visa rules by the Centre for foreign
workers due to which over 80 Chinese engineers and workers had
After repeated requests by Himachal Pradesh government,
the Centre has granted permission to 10 Chinese engineers to
complete the road project by 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi