HP to provide additional funds for vital road in apple belt
Shimla: Additional funds would be provided
for repair and maintenance of landslide-prone
Theog-Hatkoti-Rohru road to facilitate apple growers in Shimla
district in smooth transportation of their produce to the
markets, Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Gulab Singh
Thakur said on Monday.
The landslide prone areas would be identified and
proper measures undertaken so as to avoid any inconvenience to
the commuters, the minister said while presiding over a review
PWD would be more vigilant during the ensuing apple
season and additional funds would be provided by the
department for maintaining this road, he added.
Funded by the World Bank, upgradation work of the
80-km Theog-Hatkoti-Rohru road is being done by a Chinese
company Longjain at an estimated cost of Rs 238 crore.
The work on the project was suspended last year
following toughening of visa rules by the Centre for foreign
workers due to which over 80 Chinese engineers and workers had
After repeated requests by Himachal Pradesh government,
the Centre has granted permission to 10 Chinese engineers to
complete the road project by 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!