LS polls a battle of thoughts: Rahul Gandhi
Tanda: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday termed the Lok Sabha elections as a "battle of thoughts", saying while the Congress stood for empowering the people, the opposition represented only the rich in the country.
In a meeting with ex-servicemen, the Congress Vice President said he would make whole-hearted attempts to fulfil the demands of the veterans including representation for the armed forces in the central pay commission.
"The election is a battle of thoughts in India. On one hand, there is Congress which feels that power should be in each and every hand and that is how the country can be powerful.
"On the other side, the opposition thinks that the country can be run by only powerful and rich and they have no place for the poor in their ideas," Gandhi said, without naming the BJP.
Addressing the veterans, he said he agreed with the view that there is a divide between the armed forces and the bureaucracy, saying, "I could feel this divide during the One Rank One Pension issue."
He stressed that at times he would be able to meet the demands of ex-servicemen, but sometimes he would not be able to do so.
"I cannot make big promises but my intentions are very clean. I promise you that whatever demands you have, I would always make a whole-hearted effort to meet your demands," Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH