Mamata Banerjee can’t campaign for Himachal Pradesh polls
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will not be a star campaigner for Trinamool Congress as the Election Commission has rejected the list of her party`s star campaigners for Himachal assembly polls.
The expenditure incurred on the party campaigners, including Banerjee, will not be exempted now as they are not `star campaigners` approved by the EC and such expenses will be included in the candidates` expenses, sources said.
They said the Trinamool Congress list of 20 star campaigners, which also included former Union Ministers Mukul Roy, Saugata Roy, Sudip Bandyopadhyay and Sultan Ahmed, was rejected by the Commission as it was received after the stipulated time period.
Trinamool Congress had submitted a list of its 20 star campaigners including Banerjee and 11 party MPs as star campaigners.
The list was provided by TMC on October 18, while the last date for its submission to the Commission was October 17, seven days after the issue of poll notification for the Himachal elections.
The expenditure incurred on star campaigners is not accounted for in the candidates` poll expenses and this privilege will now be not available to the campaigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand