Manali gets snow, rain in Shimla
Shimla: Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday received snow, including the resort town of Manali that was wrapped in a picturesque blanket of white, while Shimla saw rain.
The minimum temperature recorded at Manali that saw 14 cm of snow was one degrees Celsius below freezing point, the weather office here said.
Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, has experienced 22 cm snow.
"High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu, Kinnaur, Sirmaur, Chamba, Mandi and Shimla districts have been experiencing snow since early Monday morning," an official said.
It was minus three degrees in Kalpa, while it was 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala and 3.6 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 11.8 mm of rain till 8 am.
As news of the snowfall flashed across the plains, tourists started arriving at Manali and nearby hills.
The weather office said certain areas in Shimla, Kinnaur, Chamba, Kullu, Kangra and Lahaul and Spiti are likely to experience heavy snow and rain till February 06.
The government has warned tourists not to venture into the high hills as chances of road cave-ins and landslides are high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city