No let up in cold wave conditions in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Bone chilling conditions cut a swathe through most parts of Himachal Pradesh with strong velocity icy winds lashing the region causing further drop in mercury.
The tribal areas and other higher reaches had another spell of mild snowfall and sky remained partially overcast in mid and lower hills.
The tribal areas groaned under biting cold wave conditions with minimum temperature staying between minus 12 and minus 20 degree C while Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded a low of minus 8.5 deg and minus 4.4 deg while Manali recorded a low of minus 3.5 deg, three degrees below normal.
The minimum temperature dropped to zero degree at Una while Solan and Sundernagar shivered under sub zero conditions with a low of minus 0.5 deg and minus 0.2 deg, followed by Shimla 0.2 deg, Bhuntar 0.5 deg, Palampur 1.5 deg, Nahan 4.1 deg and Dharamsala 5.8 deg C.
The maximum day temperatures remained steady with Una recording a high of?19.8 deg, followed by Bhunter 18.5 deg, Solan 18.0 deg, Sundernagar17.0 deg, Nahan 16.3 deg, Dharamshala14.6 deg, Shimla11.6 deg and Kalpa 9.2 deg C.
The local MeT office has predicted rains of snow in mid and higher hills during next four days with no relief in cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon