No respite from cold, icy wind sweeps Himachal
Dharamsala: Icy winds continued to sweep Himachal Pradesh even as it was a bright day with sun shining in most of the areas on Saturday.
With upper mountain ranges experiencing light to moderate snowfall, there was no respite from extreme cold conditions.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, was
the coldest at minimum minus 11.6 degrees Celsius, followed by
Kalpa in Kinaur district at minus 5.6 deg C.
Elsewhere, Manali recorded a low of minus 2.2 deg C and
Solan minus 0.2 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Shimla was 0.5 deg C. Dharamsala was comparatively warmer at 4.7 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote