One killed, eight injured as bus plunges into rive
Manali: A 35-year-old man was killed and eight others were injured when a Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus plunged into Beas River, 25-km from here this morning.
"The bus carrying 16 passengers was on its way from Delhi to Manali and the accident occurred as the driver lost control over the vehicle and it plunged into the river, killing one on the spot," Regional Manager, HRTC, Pawan Kumar Sharma said.
All the injured, including the driver and conductor, were rescued and rushed to the hospital.
The body of the deceased, identified as Lal Mohan from Bodh Gaya in Bihar was recovered from the river and sent for post mortem.
The matter was being probed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days