One killed, eight injured as bus plunges into rive
Manali: A 35-year-old man was killed and eight others were injured when a Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus plunged into Beas River, 25-km from here this morning.
"The bus carrying 16 passengers was on its way from Delhi to Manali and the accident occurred as the driver lost control over the vehicle and it plunged into the river, killing one on the spot," Regional Manager, HRTC, Pawan Kumar Sharma said.
All the injured, including the driver and conductor, were rescued and rushed to the hospital.
The body of the deceased, identified as Lal Mohan from Bodh Gaya in Bihar was recovered from the river and sent for post mortem.
The matter was being probed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!