One killed, eight injured as bus plunges into rive
Manali: A 35-year-old man was killed and eight others were injured when a Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus plunged into Beas River, 25-km from here this morning.
"The bus carrying 16 passengers was on its way from Delhi to Manali and the accident occurred as the driver lost control over the vehicle and it plunged into the river, killing one on the spot," Regional Manager, HRTC, Pawan Kumar Sharma said.
All the injured, including the driver and conductor, were rescued and rushed to the hospital.
The body of the deceased, identified as Lal Mohan from Bodh Gaya in Bihar was recovered from the river and sent for post mortem.
The matter was being probed, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra