Shimla witnesses heavy snowfall
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh capital Shimla witnessed heavy snowfall on Saturday, pushing down the mercury by several notches.
"Shimla and its nearby areas have been experiencing snowfall since early Saturday," an official of the meteorological department told a news agency.
Nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda have also been experiencing snowfall, turning the destinations more picturesque.
He said the town`s commercial centres - the Mall Road, the historic Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills received moderate snowfall and lower areas of the town experienced mild.
"High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts have been experiencing moderate to heavy snow," the official said.
Officials of the state-run Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation said buses bound for Rampur town and Kinnaur district from Shimla are plying via Dhami and Basantpur.
The Met Office has forecast snow and rain across the state till Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!