Shimla witnesses heavy snowfall
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh capital Shimla witnessed heavy snowfall on Saturday, pushing down the mercury by several notches.
"Shimla and its nearby areas have been experiencing snowfall since early Saturday," an official of the meteorological department told a news agency.
Nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda have also been experiencing snowfall, turning the destinations more picturesque.
He said the town`s commercial centres - the Mall Road, the historic Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills received moderate snowfall and lower areas of the town experienced mild.
"High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts have been experiencing moderate to heavy snow," the official said.
Officials of the state-run Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation said buses bound for Rampur town and Kinnaur district from Shimla are plying via Dhami and Basantpur.
The Met Office has forecast snow and rain across the state till Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy