Sudripta Roy new Himachal chief secretary
Shimla: Sudripta Roy, a 1978 batch IAS officer, will be the new Himachal Pradesh chief secretary.
Roy, at present Additional Chief Secretary, will succeed Harinder Hira who retired today, officials said.
Roy has held several important posts in the state and at the Centre. He had also served in Dhaka.
After three successive women Chief Secretaries -- Asha Swaroop, Rajwant Sandhu and Harinder Hira, Himachal will have a male Chief Secretary after more than three-and-a-half-year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'