Sudripta Roy new Himachal chief secretary
Shimla: Sudripta Roy, a 1978 batch IAS officer, will be the new Himachal Pradesh chief secretary.
Roy, at present Additional Chief Secretary, will succeed Harinder Hira who retired today, officials said.
Roy has held several important posts in the state and at the Centre. He had also served in Dhaka.
After three successive women Chief Secretaries -- Asha Swaroop, Rajwant Sandhu and Harinder Hira, Himachal will have a male Chief Secretary after more than three-and-a-half-year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics