UPA govt acting under pressure of foreign countrie
Shimla: BJP Friday lashed out at the UPA government for acting "arrogantly" by notifying FDI in multi-brand retail and said it smacked of utter disregard to Parliament, opposition parties and public.
"It (UPA) is acting under the pressure of foreign countries and foreign media," BJP General Secretary Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"The government issued the notification allowing FDI in retail minutes after the Bharat Bandh showing its arrogance and utter disregard to public opinion, Parliament and political parties, including UPA allies as it was under tremendous pressure from foreign countries and foreign media," he said.
The then Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee had announced in Parliament that the "decision to allow FDI in retail has been kept on hold till a consensus is reached by consulting all the stakeholders, including the chief ministers and political parties," he said.
Prasad said "countdown of the paralysed UPA government" which was in minority after withdrawal of support by TMC, has begun and its allies have also come out on the streets, raising questions about the stability of the government.
He said people would "throw out" the scam-tainted UPA government in the next elections.
He said the Delhi Airport privatisation scam was another mega scam as pointed out by the CAG in its report.
"Under whose pressure such a decision which robbed the country crores of rupees has been taken," he asked and alleged that the strategy of the Congress was to first deny the allegations, then abusing those making allegations and finally covering up the issue with the help of CPI which was the most trusted ally of the UPA.
Prasad welcomed TMC`s decision to quit the UPA and said, "Mamata Banerjee has been in NDA earlier and has worked with us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...