Vigilance to probe land transfer allegations against ex-HP CM
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh vigilance department would probe the alleged irregularities in land transfer to Vivekanad Trust during the tenure of BJP leader Shanta Kumar as chief minister, a state minister said today.
"The projects for public benefit cannot be allowed to run as private or family enterprises... Nobody shall be spared if he breaks the law. Shanta`s trust is also under the scannerand if found otherwise shall be inquired by vigilance," Minister of Housing, Urban Development and Town and Country Planning in HP government, Sudhir Sharma told reporters here.
Kumar, who is the party candidate from Kangra Lok Sabha constituency, is the chairman of Vivekanand Medical College and Research Trust (VMRT) based in Palampur.
Aam Aadmi Party candidate from the Kangra seat, Dr Rajan Sushant during a press conference held here recently had alleged irregularities in the transfer of land to the trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened