Vigilance to probe land transfer allegations against ex-HP CM
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh vigilance department would probe the alleged irregularities in land transfer to Vivekanad Trust during the tenure of BJP leader Shanta Kumar as chief minister, a state minister said today.
"The projects for public benefit cannot be allowed to run as private or family enterprises... Nobody shall be spared if he breaks the law. Shanta`s trust is also under the scannerand if found otherwise shall be inquired by vigilance," Minister of Housing, Urban Development and Town and Country Planning in HP government, Sudhir Sharma told reporters here.
Kumar, who is the party candidate from Kangra Lok Sabha constituency, is the chairman of Vivekanand Medical College and Research Trust (VMRT) based in Palampur.
Aam Aadmi Party candidate from the Kangra seat, Dr Rajan Sushant during a press conference held here recently had alleged irregularities in the transfer of land to the trust.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'