Virbhadra Singh to take oath as Himachal CM on Dec 25
Shimla: Congress veteran Virbhadra Singh is likely to take oath as the next Himachal Pradesh chief minister Dec 25, a senior party leader said here Sunday. This will be his sixth term in the post.
"The Congress wants that the process of the government formation is done at the earliest to honour the mandate," a Congress leader said.
He said before taking the oath, Virbhadra Singh would visit Delhi to meet senior Congress leaders, including party president Sonia Gandhi, to discuss the formation of the new government.
Virbhadra Singh was formally elected as the leader of the Congress Legislature Party Saturday night and his name for the chief minister`s post was subsequently cleared by the Congress leadership.
He along with senior leaders is likely to meet Governor Urmila Singh Sunday to stake claim for the formation of the government. Later he will leave for Delhi, party leaders said.
The governor Saturday dissolved the state legislative assembly and asked outgoing Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal to continue in office till the formation of the next government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional