1.40 lakh pilgrims register for Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Nearly 1.40 lakh pilgrims have registered for this year`s Amarnath yatra to the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
"Till yesterday, 1,37,096 pilgrims had registered themselves for this year`s Yatra. Over 70,000 have preferred the traditional Pahalgam route while 66,911 have opted for the shorter Baltal route," Chief Executive Officer Shri Amarnath Shrine Board Navin K Choudhary said here today.
He said 100 post offices across the country began registering the pilgrims from today.
The post offices will be registering the pilgrims in addition to internet based on-line facility.
The Board has been able to substantially expand the registration facility to a number of hitherto uncovered cities and towns, Choudhary said.
Consequently, a large number of intending Yatris will not have to travel long distance to register for the pilgrimage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?