1.40 lakh pilgrims register for Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Nearly 1.40 lakh pilgrims have registered for this year`s Amarnath yatra to the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
"Till yesterday, 1,37,096 pilgrims had registered themselves for this year`s Yatra. Over 70,000 have preferred the traditional Pahalgam route while 66,911 have opted for the shorter Baltal route," Chief Executive Officer Shri Amarnath Shrine Board Navin K Choudhary said here today.
He said 100 post offices across the country began registering the pilgrims from today.
The post offices will be registering the pilgrims in addition to internet based on-line facility.
The Board has been able to substantially expand the registration facility to a number of hitherto uncovered cities and towns, Choudhary said.
Consequently, a large number of intending Yatris will not have to travel long distance to register for the pilgrimage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday