15 killed, 24 injured in Kashmir road accident
Jammu: At least 15 people were killed and 24 injured when a truck fell into a deep gorge in Budhal area of Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district early Friday, police said.
"The driver lost control over the steering and the truck fell into a 300-feet gorge, killing 15 people travelling in it," a police official said. Among those killed were four infants in the age group of one-two years, he added.
Of the 24 injured, the condition of seven is stated to be critical and they have been shifted to the Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu. The truck driver is among those seriously injured.
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad are a balanced side now, says David Warner on team's combination
- Vijender Singh hoping to carry momentum into fight in India
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials