15 killed, 24 injured in Kashmir road accident
Jammu: At least 15 people were killed and 24 injured when a truck fell into a deep gorge in Budhal area of Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district early Friday, police said.
"The driver lost control over the steering and the truck fell into a 300-feet gorge, killing 15 people travelling in it," a police official said. Among those killed were four infants in the age group of one-two years, he added.
Of the 24 injured, the condition of seven is stated to be critical and they have been shifted to the Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu. The truck driver is among those seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP