15 killed, 24 injured in Kashmir road accident
Jammu: At least 15 people were killed and 24 injured when a truck fell into a deep gorge in Budhal area of Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district early Friday, police said.
"The driver lost control over the steering and the truck fell into a 300-feet gorge, killing 15 people travelling in it," a police official said. Among those killed were four infants in the age group of one-two years, he added.
Of the 24 injured, the condition of seven is stated to be critical and they have been shifted to the Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu. The truck driver is among those seriously injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'