15 killed, 24 injured in Kashmir road accident
Jammu: At least 15 people were killed and 24 injured when a truck fell into a deep gorge in Budhal area of Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district early Friday, police said.
"The driver lost control over the steering and the truck fell into a 300-feet gorge, killing 15 people travelling in it," a police official said. Among those killed were four infants in the age group of one-two years, he added.
Of the 24 injured, the condition of seven is stated to be critical and they have been shifted to the Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu. The truck driver is among those seriously injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!