700 bovine smugglers arrested in Jammu region in 2012
Jammu: Police on Sunday claimed that over 700 people involved in 400 cases of bovine smuggling have been arrested in Jammu region in the first nine months of 2012.
"3,400 bovines were rescued and 330 vehicles seized in these cases of smuggling," they said.
According to police, keeping in mind the sensitivity involved in bovine trade, special drives were planned over the last two years to check bovine trade and crack the nexus behind it.
There has been an increase in the number of smugglers arrested and bovines rescued in last three years, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok