700 bovine smugglers arrested in Jammu region in 2012
Jammu: Police on Sunday claimed that over 700 people involved in 400 cases of bovine smuggling have been arrested in Jammu region in the first nine months of 2012.
"3,400 bovines were rescued and 330 vehicles seized in these cases of smuggling," they said.
According to police, keeping in mind the sensitivity involved in bovine trade, special drives were planned over the last two years to check bovine trade and crack the nexus behind it.
There has been an increase in the number of smugglers arrested and bovines rescued in last three years, they said.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video