700 bovine smugglers arrested in Jammu region in 2012
Jammu: Police on Sunday claimed that over 700 people involved in 400 cases of bovine smuggling have been arrested in Jammu region in the first nine months of 2012.
"3,400 bovines were rescued and 330 vehicles seized in these cases of smuggling," they said.
According to police, keeping in mind the sensitivity involved in bovine trade, special drives were planned over the last two years to check bovine trade and crack the nexus behind it.
There has been an increase in the number of smugglers arrested and bovines rescued in last three years, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA