Amarnath yatra: 1.57 lakh performed darshan at cave shrine
Jammu: With Amarnath yatra entering 13th day on Tuesday, over 1.57 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas, even as a fresh batch of 1,951 devotees left for their onward journey today.
Over 1,57,333 pilgrims have obeisance at the cave shrine in Amarnath till last evening, yatra officials said.
A convoy of 58 vehicles carrying 1,951 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 5:00 AM to pay obeisance at Amarnath, police said.
The devotees included 1,476 men, 353 women and 25 children, apart from 97 sadhus, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 29,428 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more