Amarnath yatra: Death toll touches 51
Srinagar: Four more pilgrims, including two women, died en route the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir taking the toll in the ongoing yatra to 51, officials said here on Monday.
Fifty-year-old Jayanta Mukherjee, hailing from West Bengal, died of cardiac arrest at Sheshnag along the Pahalgam route, they said.
Another woman pilgrim Usha, a resident of Gujarat, died following cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Ram Chander Gupta, aged 55 years, and Chota Bhai Patel, hailing from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat respectively, died on way to 3,880-ft high Amarnath shrine.
The annual Amarnath yatra commenced from the twin routes of Baltal and Pahalgam on June 25 and so far 3.15 lakh pilgrims had paid obeisance at the shrine housing the naturally-formed ice-lingam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living