Amarnath yatra: Death toll touches 51
Srinagar: Four more pilgrims, including two women, died en route the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir taking the toll in the ongoing yatra to 51, officials said here on Monday.
Fifty-year-old Jayanta Mukherjee, hailing from West Bengal, died of cardiac arrest at Sheshnag along the Pahalgam route, they said.
Another woman pilgrim Usha, a resident of Gujarat, died following cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Ram Chander Gupta, aged 55 years, and Chota Bhai Patel, hailing from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat respectively, died on way to 3,880-ft high Amarnath shrine.
The annual Amarnath yatra commenced from the twin routes of Baltal and Pahalgam on June 25 and so far 3.15 lakh pilgrims had paid obeisance at the shrine housing the naturally-formed ice-lingam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh