Amarnath yatra: Death toll touches 51
Srinagar: Four more pilgrims, including two women, died en route the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir taking the toll in the ongoing yatra to 51, officials said here on Monday.
Fifty-year-old Jayanta Mukherjee, hailing from West Bengal, died of cardiac arrest at Sheshnag along the Pahalgam route, they said.
Another woman pilgrim Usha, a resident of Gujarat, died following cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Ram Chander Gupta, aged 55 years, and Chota Bhai Patel, hailing from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat respectively, died on way to 3,880-ft high Amarnath shrine.
The annual Amarnath yatra commenced from the twin routes of Baltal and Pahalgam on June 25 and so far 3.15 lakh pilgrims had paid obeisance at the shrine housing the naturally-formed ice-lingam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal