Amarnath yatra: Death toll touches 51
Srinagar: Four more pilgrims, including two women, died en route the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir taking the toll in the ongoing yatra to 51, officials said here on Monday.
Fifty-year-old Jayanta Mukherjee, hailing from West Bengal, died of cardiac arrest at Sheshnag along the Pahalgam route, they said.
Another woman pilgrim Usha, a resident of Gujarat, died following cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Ram Chander Gupta, aged 55 years, and Chota Bhai Patel, hailing from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat respectively, died on way to 3,880-ft high Amarnath shrine.
The annual Amarnath yatra commenced from the twin routes of Baltal and Pahalgam on June 25 and so far 3.15 lakh pilgrims had paid obeisance at the shrine housing the naturally-formed ice-lingam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef