APHCC threatens agitation over Temple Bill
Jammu: All Party Hindu Coordination Committee
- an amalgamation of 17 social and political bodies In Jammu
and Kashmir – on Thursday threatened to launch an agitation if the
state Assembly failed to pass the Temples and Shrines Property
Bill in the upcoming budget session.
As per the Bill, a board is to be constituted to take
care of temples and shrines in the state.
"We demand that the government should ensure passage of
the Bill in the state Assembly`s budget session in order to
set up temples and shrines properties board in Jammu and
Kashmir," APHCC member and Kranti Dal general secretary Pritam
Sharma told reporters here.
He said if the government failed to do so, then APHCC
would launch an agitation.
Sharma said state minister RS Chib had assured APHCC
that he would take up the issue with the government but he
failed to keep his promise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?