Army destroys IED in Srinagar, averts tragedy
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted on Sunday when Army detected and destroyed an improvised explosive device planted by militants in Handwara area of north Kashmir Kupwara district.
Troops of 47 Rashtriya Rifles detected the 15-kilogram IED planted by suspected militants but the roadside in Handwara, 85 kms from here, this morning, officials said.
They said a bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot and the explosive was destroyed through a controlled explosion.
This is the second IED detected by militants in the past fortnight. A five-kg IED was detected and destroyed by army at Shalteng on Srinagar-Baramulla road on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof