Army foils infiltration bid, one militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A suspected militant was killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid after a fierce gunbattle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops guarding the border line in Laam forward area in Nowshera sector observed movement of some militants around 3.30 pm today and launched a search, Army officials said.
They attempted to stop the intruders, following which the they opened fire at the troops, who retaliated back.
In the exchanges, one terrorist was killed and an Army personnel suffered injuries, they said, adding that the injured has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi