Army foils infiltration bid, one militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A suspected militant was killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid after a fierce gunbattle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops guarding the border line in Laam forward area in Nowshera sector observed movement of some militants around 3.30 pm today and launched a search, Army officials said.
They attempted to stop the intruders, following which the they opened fire at the troops, who retaliated back.
In the exchanges, one terrorist was killed and an Army personnel suffered injuries, they said, adding that the injured has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?