Army foils infiltration bid, one militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A suspected militant was killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid after a fierce gunbattle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops guarding the border line in Laam forward area in Nowshera sector observed movement of some militants around 3.30 pm today and launched a search, Army officials said.
They attempted to stop the intruders, following which the they opened fire at the troops, who retaliated back.
In the exchanges, one terrorist was killed and an Army personnel suffered injuries, they said, adding that the injured has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state