Army jawan found hanging from a tree in Samba
Jammu: An Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.
The body of Naik Bhagwan Singh, a jawan of 23 Grenadiers, was found hanging from a tree near his official quarters at Bari Brahmana area of the district last evening, SHO Bari Brahmana, Arun Jamwal said.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further investigations into the matter are underway, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley