Army recovers huge cache of arms, ammunition in Keran sector along LoC
Srinagar: Army has seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Keran sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir, where a 15-day long anti-infiltration operation was called off on Tuesday.
Sixty-six weapons, including 23 AK 47 rifles, have been recovered during the over fortnight long operation against infiltrating militants in Keran sector, a defence official said.
"Five AK rifles, two pistols and 17 UBGLs were recovered during search operations in Keran sector today," a defence spokesman said.
General Officer Commanding in Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt General Sanjiv Chachra earlier in the day said that 59 weapons, including 18 AK 47 rifles, had been recovered.
Besides, 14 pistols, one sniper rifle, 20 UBGL grenades, seven radio-sets and other war-like stores were also recovered along with some medicines and food items during the operation.
The Army launched a massive anti-infiltration operation in Shalbhatti village in Keran Sector on September 24 after noticing a group of 30 to 40 militants trying to sneak into the Valley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata